Click to enlarge
Each year GSEF honors one or more graduates from Greensburg Salem High School (Greensburg High School) for their dedication to public service and their community, and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, for being a role model for youth.
This April join us as we celebrate are two newest recipients of the Greensburg Salem Distinguished Alumni Awards:
- William “Bill” Jackson, class of 1958
- Julius R. Falcon, posthumously, class of 1940.
The Distinguished Alumni Banquet will be held on April 21. Please join us to celebrate these two alumni who have dedicated themselves to the youth of our community!
Reservations are required. Click here for the reservation form.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2016 Joseph Nava Scholarship.
This year the Nava family was able to support two scholarships to well-deserving students. Deanna Holby was awarded $1,000 and Nicholas Slider received $500. To qualify, these students submitted an essay addressing the quote found on the mural in the Greensburg Salem Middle School lobby – “Sow ye in the Springtime of life that there may be a harvest abundant.” A former principal in the building, Mr. Nava was inspired by these words and they guided him in both this professional and personal life.
THANKS to the Class of 1985 and Mark Stewart for their
generous donation to GSEF. Mark spearheaded an online Greensburg Salem T-shirt sale to his classmates and donated all the proceeds to the foundation.
The Class of 1985 are truly “GOLDEN” Lions to us.
August 2015 Grant Recipients Announced (8/15) Greensburg, PA The Greensburg Salem Education Foundation is pleased to announce the latest grant recipients.
- Sensory Solutions for Success: AMY HARVEY (with Ali Cox), Hutchinson Elementary
- Bricks, Mortar, & Multi-Media: PAMELA LEONARD, Metzgar Elementary
- Whiteboard Writing Works!: HOLLY MILLER, Nicely Elementary
- Listening Centers for Kindergarten: CINDY MONDI, Hutchinson Elementary
- STEAM Activities for Kindergarten: CINDY MONDI, Hutchinson Elementary
- Behavior Booth Reward Program Promoting Positive Behavior: JESSICA PRITTS, Nicely & Metzgar Elementary
- Girls on the Run Program: SUZANNE WRIGHT on behalf of Metzgar Elementary